Haven’t managed to do any of the tasks I had mentioned in my last post for a potential 41 till 41 countdown. The first days of kindergarten and life in general have proved to be just about all I can manage in the last couple of weeks. There has been a heavy feeling in my gut every time I watch that tiny little thing walk off with her backpack all on her own, so proud and so independent. I miss her. And also thank goodness she’s in school because she and her brother were about to make me lose my mind. But I really miss her.
I was thinking about how to devise a list for my countdown, what the principles could be.
I made a list – what I want more of in my life and what I want less of. It looked a bit like this:
More: wind, mountains, oceans, breathing, music making, writing, good smells, experiments, showing love, laughing, cleanliness, celebration, routine, family meetings, chores for kids, sunshine, movement, nurture
Less: shouting, back pain, debt, saying things I don’t mean, undone
(Undone are all of those things that you encounter, as a physical reminder or in your mind, that every time you see it it reminds you of a decision that you haven’t made or a thing you haven’t done.)
So i thought about making a list of tasks to increase one group and decrease the other but haven’t managed to do this yet. What have I managed to do?
- Clear off the top of the piano
- Plant fall lettuces
- Unwrap wooden spoons and put in drawer for using
- Make yard bouquets and put throughout the house
- Go to the native plant store
- One family meeting/family star chart
- Tried 2 new recipes (ham+cheese strata, apple crisp)
- Buy new cleaning supplies
Other ideas for to dos in the next 19 days:
- house plants (already on previous list but really want to do this)
- some kind of aromatherapy diffuser or those sticks (look into healthy options)
- make apple cider vinegar toner
- bath fixtures
- new sheets
- go for a walk
- backyard beds (choose plants)
- plant front yard plants
- do a tour to find ‘undones’ – make a list and move the objects
41 – 8 = 33
33/19 = 1.7
doable but the next couple of weeks are going to be pretty intense work-wise so I may have to be creative!